Sunday, September 5, 2010

Why I Didn't Go. And Never Will.

The Governor's Cup.

The Dream Game.

The Game I try not to watch, or at least not around other people.

Governor John Y. Brown, 1983. 

I find that Kentucky fans fall into two camps: those who disdain the Cards, and those of the "I want all in-state teams to do well" ilk.  I fall squarely into the former category, and can't really be objective.  Throw in a cocktail, and I'm outright obnoxious. So, for the sake of all that is graceful and proper in this world, I don't go to Kentucky-Louisville games. I usually have the game on TV, but try to distract myself with a project, or the dogs, or something else. Because, otherwise, I'd be pulling an Elvis and shooting the TV.

Our dear Jenksie, being far classier and more graceful than me, will be telling you of her experiences at Pizza Stadium later today. I actually pointed the car in the far eastern direction yesterday, watched the game with my daddy (who is contractually obligated to put up with my yelling) and ordered some take-out from my favorite hometown Mexican restaurant:
That's right. The Big Blue. In a sombrero. It was delicious. And there wasn't a red t-shirt in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your thoughtful comments!