Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blue or Crimson?

Y'all. My Facebook feed is full of Transy girls trying to make a big decision.  What should they wear tonight?  Crimson or Blue?  



Now, y'all know that Jenksie and I are the biggest Wildcats fans around.  But, we're also Transy alumnae.  Now, I can't speak for Jenks, but a little bit of internet peer pressure has left me wondering if I should dress like this tonight.

Uh, no.  For so many reasons.  First of all, well, you know.  Second, everybody knows that you don't dress super-fan for an exhibition, even if it quite literally is a rematch that's been a century in the making.

As for me, I hold degrees from both schools.  I adored my time at Transy, but I've bled blue since birth.  I'll be dressed rather neutrally, getting my long-awaited first peek at Teague, Gilcrest and Davis, and remembering that Transy gave both C.M. and UK itself their start.


Go Cats.  And Pioneers.

(Check out my post on Her Kentucky for more about the UK-Transy series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your thoughtful comments!