Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sticks and Stones~Jenks

Can y'all feel the SEC hate? Do you love it?? I know we're SEC roadkills, so to speak, but it's still fun to hear haters cry about the big, bad SEC.
I found a blog by ClayTravis BGID on Twitter talking about why some guy hates the SEC. Team by team the obvious loser listed his reasons for hate. Did you know LSU fans are accused of smelling like corndogs? And furthermore, did you know this greatly upsets them? I don't know how a collective body of people could smell like corndogs; if anything, I'd imagine them smelling llike shrimp or whiskey. And, child, please, try being told you do things with your cousins. Bring on the corndogs.
The guy couldn't hate Vandy. I feel him. We all love Vandy. Even when they win, they're smart and lovable. It's cool.
I really care, though, what he said about Kentucky. What he hated about Kentucky was John Calipari: vacate, probation, yada, yada.
Am I only speaking for myself when I say I don't care? I feel that I'm not alone as a Kentucky Basketball fan when I say that I don't really think much about other programs. UMass is UMass; Memphis is Memphis; Kentucky is Kentucky. If Cal is found to cheat here, I'll burn his pictures in his bonfire ala "Success Is A Choice." Until then, Marcus Camby, to me, is the guy we beat in the Final Four. "Cal's a Cheater," doesn't hurt me anymore than, "You don't wear shoes." By the way, friend, if you'll look down, you'll see that I'm wearing Frye boots, so...
A Louisville fan did get a good jab the other day. He said, "You drink as much as we do, and you do the same things we do. You just think you're classy because you do it in a sundress and with a slight Southern accent." Ouch.
An aside...A college girl with that awful college voice (the one that ends every word in "uh") asked my dad to donate for Dance Blue last night. "Would yuh lake to give moneh to Danze Bluh?" My Dad honestly asked her to speak English, and I had to translate. It was the very best!
Go Cats! Beat the Sonny Seiler's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your thoughtful comments!